Are the cardboard boxes in your house piling up as your online gift and pandemic shopping cranks up?
We invite all of our employees, colleagues, and clients to participate in our first-ever Cardboard Box Challenge. For our friendly competition, we want you and your family to take simple cardboard boxes and create something amazing! We hope to see anything building-themed (house, village, castle, doghouse, etc.) but don’t limit your creativity – show us your best constructions!
In the spirit of the holidays, we’re hoping this will bring your families together for something fun and creative that we can do safely in our homes. Looking forward to seeing your creations! No architecture or engineering experience necessary!
How to Enter
Save those boxes and get to constructing! Once you have a complete, decorated structure, send us the following information:
- Entrant’s name(s)
- Entrant’s age(s) (if 15 and under)
- 1-3 photographs of the creation (a 15 second, max, video is acceptable too if your masterpiece is interactive)
- A description of your creation (25 words or less)
Entries should be submitted to our Administrative Assistant Korinne at email@example.com. Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59pm (EST) on Sunday, January 17th. Please confirm that you are happy for us to share your entry on our social media!
The rules are simple. We want to make this fun for the whole family!
- Your creation must be constructed and structured with cardboard boxes.
- String, tape, glue, staples, and hardware may be used for connections.
- Other materials may be used for accessories and/or decorations.
NKB’s judges will review all entries and there will be gift card prizes for the following categories:
- NKB Best of Show Award – Best in Show
- Imhotep Young Architect Award – Best Entry by an Aspiring Designer (under the age of 15)
- Gustave Eiffel Award – How is that Standing?!
- Zaha Hadid Award – Most Unusual
- Frank Lloyd Wright Award – Best Use of Cantilever
- Antoni Gaudi Award – Best Decorated
Our panel of prestigious judges looks forward to reviewing your entries! We’ve chosen team members from every discipline to evaluate your designs. Learn more about our judges.
- Chris Resig, President
- Carl Nordberg, Practice Leader | Structural Engineering
- Allison Towles, Senior Interior Designer
- Steve Purpora, Senior Project Architect
- Korinne Sacco, Administrative Assistant
Looking forward to seeing your entries!