It’s that time of year again! The weather is changing, the chill is in the air, you’ve probably started thinking about holiday gifts and before you know it the New Year will roll in.
At NKB, the New Year brings new software and new templates. Like the jolly old elf, we keep a running list of all the naughty and nice elements in our Revit project template. With the turn of the new year the new template will come online full of improvements from the last year.
If you haven’t been keeping a list of your own, now is the time to check in with your design team:
• What Revit families did you create this year that could be used on future projects?
• Are there any schedules that could be improved?
• What reports would be most helpful to the estimating department?
• Have you developed any new standard details this year?
• Do the parts of your template match your CAD/BIM standards?
A refreshed template can be a present to the whole company, a teaching moment for those new interns and ultimately beneficial to your client.