While we are not currently hiring for this position at this time, we continually accept Drafter applications from qualified individuals who can contribute to our team.
The Drafter works under the direction of a licensed architect or engineer and assists in the development of project designs, production of construction documents and other related administrative tasks necessary for completion of project assignments.
- Build new relationships with professionals in their field of interest, as well as with clients, sub-consultants, vendors and contractors
- Seek opportunities to generate proposals that result in new business for the firm
- Assist in preparation of designs, quantity calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings.
- Use computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering/architecture challenges (Revit, AutoCAD, and Excel)
- Experience in accurately modeling and modifying building components (walls, beams, foundations, floors, roofs, etc.)
- Experience in creating accurate sections and details from a BIM model
- Experience in adding notations to drawings (dimensions, callouts, detail components, tags)
- Experience in using Revit schedules, with understanding how to create, modify, and edit schedules
- Maintain conformance with building standards, established engineering/architecture practices, and applicable building codes
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member.
- Perform basic site observations such as recording existing conditions and construction progress.
- Collect/compile project data such as measurements, counts, inventory, meeting minutes and other compiled information.
- Interpret field notes or other information in order to create drawings or other related project documentation.
- Assist with construction administration phase services and activities
- Assist with general office and administrative tasks under the direction of licensed professionals or Director of Business Operations.
- Minimum 3-5 years related drafting experience
- Associate or Bachelor technical degree in engineering/architecture; or related area of study/experience
- Strong 2D and 3D conceptual & design process skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- REVIT knowledge (mandatory)
- AutoCAD knowledge (mandatory)
- PE/RA credential (optional)
- Beam/MWF design knowledge (optional)
- Occasional local or out-of-town project related travel is required for project assignments
NKB does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
NKB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.