The Architectural Designer Level 1 works under the direction of Principal, Project Architect, Project Engineer or other technical staff and assists in the development of project designs, production of construction documents and other related administrative tasks necessary for completion of project assignments.
- Understand and translate client project needs and requirements into project designs such as drawings, specifications, code requirements, cost estimates, and reports.
- Assist with coordinating project effort through all five phases of design, and including schedule, scope, roles and budget.
- Demonstrate expertise in the development of the BIM (Revit) model.
- Provide support to the production team by:
- Performing basic site observations such as recording existing conditions.
- Researching and providing manufacturer / product data in preparation of the specifications.
- Provide effort to create support graphic content for narrative.
- Provide quantity takeoffs, pricing or other supporting information to assist in the cost estimate preparation.
- Completing production effort to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Make team aware of any suspected scope change items.
- Perform QA / QC of self-performed work and the work performed by drafter or other design team members including sub-consultants.
- Participate in the Construction Admin phase of projects to include:
- Perform site observations to evaluate construction progress.
- Review / check submittals against drawings and specifications in support of request.
- Support team in preparing response to Requests for Information.
- Prepare job drawings and records drawings as directed
- Assist in various Marketing and Business Development activities.
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture or related degree.
- Up to three years’ experience as an Architectural Designer.
- Skill in the development of projects through production of construction documents.
- Proficiency in professional and technical writing.
- Proficiency in BIM (Revit), CADD (AutoCad), Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Occasional local or out-of-town project related travel is required for project assignments
NKB does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
NKB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.