While we are not currently looking for this position at this time, we continually accept Architectural Designer applications from qualified individuals who can contribute to our team.
The Architectural Designer Level 1 works under the direction of Principal, Project Architect, Project Engineer or other technical staff and assists in the development of project designs, production of construction documents and other related administrative tasks necessary for completion of project assignments.
- Build new relationships with professionals in their field of interest, as well as with clients, sub-consultants, vendors and contractors
- Seek opportunities to generate proposals that result in new business for the firm
- Assist in preparing formal presentations
- Work as a highly motivated member of the team to understand and translate clients project needs and requirements into project designs such as drawings, specifications, code requirements, cost estimates, reports.
- Assist with coordinating project effort through all five phases of design, and including schedule, scope, roles and budget.
- Assist in performing construction document and coordination reviews
- Perform basic site observations such as recording existing conditions and construction progress.
- Collect/compile project data such as measurements, counts, inventory, meeting minutes and gathered published information.
- Work as a member of the team with construction administration phase services and activities as directed by the Project Manager or Principal.
- Assist with general office and administrative tasks under the direction of licensed professionals or Director of Business Operations
- Up to three years’ experience as an Architectural Designer
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture or related degree
- Skill in the development of projects through production of construction documents
- Proficiency in professional and technical writing
- Proficiency in BIM (Revit), CADD (AutoCad), Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud software programs
- Occasional local or out-of-town project related travel is required for project assignments
NKB does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
NKB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.